|« The District Clerks trial: Day 1||Wooten given probation (Updated and expanded) »|
Terri Green ran for the County Court at Law #6 in 2010. She lost the Republican Primary run-off. She was defeated by Jay Bender, who won by 57%.
Today, Terri has announced for the 380th District Court. That bench is vacant after Suzanne Wooten was convicted of bribery.
It is unclear if the Governor will appoint a new judge until December 2012.
Terri is still setting up a new campaign web site. Terri sent me her announcement:
TERRI GREENfor380TH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
My name is Terri Green and I am running for State District Judge--380th Judicial District Court, Collin County.
Judges do not run on issues. They seek to be elected or appointed as Judge based on their extensive legal experience and knowledge of the law and to make rulings based on the law as found in the statutes and case law.
So why should you vote for me?
- Proud mother of two “grown” boys
- 22 years legal experience in Family Law; Civil Trials and Litigation; Probate Litigation; Wills, Trust and Estate Planning; Criminal Defense Counsel (Misdemeanors); and Teen Court Judge
- Licensed to practice before the United States Supreme Court – Washington D.C.
- Licensed to practice in Federal Courts – Eastern District of Texas and Southern District of Texas
- Licensed to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Honors and Awards
- One of “21 Leaders for Collin County in the 21st Century” by Inside Collin County Business
- Rotarian of the Year--Rotary Club of Frisco
- Chairman's Award Recipient--Frisco Chamber of Commerce
- 2011 D Magazine—Named one of Top Nine Trust & Estate Attorneys in Plano
The George T. Barrow Award for 1989 given by the Dean for most outstanding prospective attorney from the graduating class of South Texas College of Law
- Oralist – National Administrative Law Varsity Moot Court Competition 7th Place Brief — Dayton, Ohio
- Best Oralist — Garland R. Walker, Dunn, Kacal, Adams, Livingston, Pappas & Law Mock Trial Competition
- Leroy Jeffers Moot Court Competition — 2nd Place Brief / 2nd Place Team
- Dean’s List for Scholastic Achievement — South Texas College of Law
- Former General Counsel—Collin County Republican Party
- President--Republican Women of North Collin County
- Board member--Child Protective Services ("CPS") appointed by County Commissioners
- Former Board member Frisco Chamber of Commerce
- Class Chair—Leadership Frisco, Class IX
- Leadership Plano graduate
- Delegate- Texas Federation of Republican Women—Two State Conventions
- Texas Federation of Republican Women member
- Junior League of Plano
- Rotary Club of Frisco
- Frisco Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Former Grand Jury CommissionerTHE TEXAS LAWYER’S CREED
I AM A LAWYER; I AM ENTRUSTED BY THE PEOPLE OF TEXAS TO PRESERVE AND IMPROVE OUR LEGAL SYSTEM. I AM LICENSED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF TEXAS. I MUST THEREFORE ABIDE BY THE TEXAS DISCIPLINARY RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT, BUT I KNOW THAT PROFESSIONALISM REQUIRES MORE THAN MERELY AVOIDING THE VIOLATION OF LAWS AND RULES. I AM COMMITTED TO THIS CREED FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN IT IS RIGHT.
I would be honored to serve you as the Judge of the 380th Judicial District Court and ask for your support and vote in the upcoming election!
I would also be honored if you would endorse me. Please respond to this e-mail to let me know I can add your name to my growing list of countywide endorsements!
380th Judicial District Court
Good luck to Mrs. Green.
Look that the "why you should vote for me" reasons she posted. What a bunch of fluff. Hell, it's not even fluff. Most of it's just crap. Teen court judge? Give me a break. Moot court? Lord. That she's lame enough to list that stuff as a reason to vote for her is pretty telling.
There HAS to be another way. Please, I'm begging the people of Texas...please let's get rid of this corrupt system of family law that pits mothers and fathers and children against each other for profit.
That's one of the dumbest comments I've read in a while.
How does the system pit mothers, fathers and children against each other? Don't you figure that either the mother or the father does the pitting upon filing for divorce?
Texas voters need to know the answers to these questions before they plan to vote for her; Those of you supporting Terri Green, might want to ask Terri Green about this too; the truth about Terri Green will eventually come out. What happened on December 5, 2001 in Tomball, Texas Terri? There's a new wiki page out there called
TerriGreen-NotAsJudge, at wikispaces.com Check it out!
Comments are closed for this post.